Prince Memorial Concert at City Hall Today from 5-8 pm
Please be advised of the following event that will take place in the Civic Center Area:
- A Prince Memorial Concert is scheduled to take place on the South Lawn of City Hall today from 5-8 pm.
- Spring Street from 1st St. to Temple St. has already been closed since 8 am and will not reopen until 9 pm.
- The concert is FREE so a huge crowd is expected for this event as there will be various artists performing along with the fact that City Hall was the site of his famous “Diamonds and Pearls” music video that was shot May 25-26, 1991.
- It is very unlikely that the City Hall South Lawn will be able to handle the crowd that will be attending so expect attendees to overflow into the Grand Park and all of the streets surrounding City Hall.
- Traffic will undoubtably be jammed throughout this area so it is highly advisable that you avoid the Civic Center area if at all possible during your evening commute.In addition, rain is expected in the late afternoon hours.
- Please plan your travel time accordingly and have a safe drive home.